Hello and welcome to Patchwork House . . . . .
my little corner of the world in England, where you will find me addicted to colour and playing with yarn!


29 August 2014

Back to school


I'm home and normal service will now resume!
Wow what a fantastic holiday we had in Kefalonia
but it was 
HOT HOT HOT !!!


yes the sea really was turquoise no edit here!


the people were so friendly and we saw many beautiful things



but just to show you I wasn't idle
I hooked up 2 new scarves for myself
 using the pattern in this months Simply Crochet issue 22

this lovely pink scarf is made in Drops Fabel with a 4mm hook
using 3 x 50g balls and making it larger than the pattern for a bigger wrap


so now its back to school next week . . .
have you smelt it on the air?
there's definitely a nip and the nights are drawing in

I love the changing seasons
and it fills me with excitement
fairy lights candles socks and blankets

yes blankets

my favourite hooky pleasure is blanket making
and so my hooky thoughts are turning to snuggling under blankets
 and making more cosy comforts for my home

I will be back with new blanket makes soon

Heather

XXX

7 comments:

SaraJ said...

Hi Heather
Your holiday looks lovely.
Inspired by the photo of your scarf, I decided to make one too using some Drops Fabel languishing in my stash which was bought at Yarndale last year.
Has your scarf softened at all. Mine is looking very pretty (although not yet complete) but I'm not sure it is soft enough to put round my neck at the moment.
Good to see you back, and I hope the return to school goes well. x

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks as though your holiday was beautiful, the picture of the sea and the boats, stunning!! Your scarf is beautiful as well. I hope that you enjoy being home again and thinking about blanket making! xx

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Oh my goodness what a lovely place to have a holiday....great colours in your scarf too, have a lovely week :) xxx

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Glad you had a great holiday, we were supposed to be in Fiji 2 weeks ago! But the ruddy useless UK passport office took 8 wks to send our passports back!! We're going in November now. Like the shawl xx

Gillian said...

Welcome home from what looks like a magnificent holiday. I love your scarf - really beautiful colours.

pigglyjack said...

Welcome home Heather. Kefalonia is so beautiful and is our favourite holiday destination abroad. The colours of the landscape are so inspiring. Love the shawl xx

Unknown said...

Hello Heather.....gosh I've not been to visit for ages.....then saw your update on Facebook....and thought I'd pop over......I'm back on blogger too.....I've moved house....so updating my blog with homey things....it's a lovely old Victorian house in the Potteries in stoke....home of Emma Bridgewater no less......how cool...
Love your autumnal crochet......looks cosy....take care.melxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...