Hello and welcome to Patchwork House . . . . .
my little corner of the world in England, where you will find me addicted to colour and playing with yarn!


7 December 2014

Shade Squares

This week I have been playing with colour
lots of tiny squares in nearly 60 shades
have been giving me so much fun!


Oh the satisfaction
 I have had from playing with these is unbelievable!
 I have made rainbows,
 greens, blues, purples, pinks, browns and neutrals 
and all are equally delicious!

My default yarn for blankets is 
I love it for its huge colour palette of 60 shades,
 it is so soft, machine washable and very affordable.
This makes it perfect for baby blankets and throws
 and a delight for any crochet artist who likes to dabble with colour!

 I have not made all 60 shade samples just the colours I like to use.


I plan on labeling my squares with the shade names
 which will make for easy photography when I share my colour recipes, 
which I know have become so popular.

This weekend I was asked to make a hot water bottle in bright colours.
I had great fun playing with my colour squares and came up with a recipe of

spice
petrol
raspberry
meadow
lipstick
aspen
and
saffron

inspired my a favourite Cath Kidston mug!


I needed 7 shades
 so I replaced the lipstick and raspberry with pomegranate
 which is a nice half way measure
 and added cream for brightness




Just look at the fabulous stitch definition
oh so yummy
I love this yarn!



One day when I do not work full time
 I will write up this pattern for you all as I am frequently asked . . .
 but I'm sorry for now it is still in my head!

Christmas is fast approaching
 and I am busy trying out new decorations this year.
 Last week was all about baubles . . .


 if you missed that post you can read it
 HERE

this week is all about stars!


I have used a wonderful pattern
 which I bought on Etsy from ATERGcrochet
you can find it
I highly recommend it for a few pounds,
 it is very clear and easy to follow with lots of photos!

oh wow
this is new to me and I am smitten!
It comes in 42 shades
 and has a beautiful rich sheen perfect for decorations!
Im sure I will be making more!

2 weeks of school to go and then I will be a crocher queen again ... oh I cant wait ... but now Monday looms and I must love you and leave you to prepare

Wishing you all a blessed advent 
Happy hookin my friends

Heather

X X X






6 comments:

aline said...

Love the colours. Lovely blog too.

GĂ©raldine B. said...

I enjoy this post ! so many colors as I love !!!! Thanks for sharing theses beautiful creations with us !!! HAve a lovely day !

http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/

Amy at love made my home said...

So lovely to see all your yarny beautifulness. xx

Pammy Sue said...

Those squares are soooooo delicious! I could look at them all day! What a great idea for labeling your colors. Love that water bottle cover too. It looks so nice and neat. I look forward to your pattern when you get time. I love coming here to see your crochet. It's all so lovely.

Claire said...

There's nothing quite as pleasing as a big rainbow of yarn - what lovely colours. Really pleased I found your blog. Claire x

Gillian said...

Lovely hot water bottle cover! And that star is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I'd seen the pattern before making all my decorations. I can make some for next year I suppose!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...